Our New Normal
Posted on April 02 2020
Hi Wildflower Tribe,
We are thinking of you all during these unimaginable times and hope that you and your families are staying safe and healthy. We would like to send a massive thank you to the healthcare workers who are on the front lines of this pandemic. We truly appreciate the risks you are taking every day.
As we all learn to adjust to this new (and hopefully very temporary) way of living, I can’t help but ride the emotional wave of feeling overwhelmed, uncertain and worried. The moments of anxiety have gotten so bad that we’ve actually had to stop watching the news in our house. I needed to catch my breath, adjust my mental state and focus on the silver lining.
In the last two weeks, I’ve connected with more people then I have in a while, spent major quality time with my husband (he still likes me!), my baby, and my pets. I’ve also gotten creative in other ways to keep my mind busy and I wanted to share some of the things I’ve been doing.
- Cruising Pinterest boards and testing out new recipes
- Yoga in the living room, I use the Down Dog app
- Cleaned out my closets and reorganized the kitchen cabinets
- Played Heads Up using the Houseparty app
- We subscribed to Disney+ and it’s so worth it! They’ve got all the original animated movies, Marvel movies, Star Wars and 90’s throw back sitcomsTaken a few minutes to Meditate, Headspace is my favorite app for this
- Virtual Trivia Nights with friends using Zoom, this weekend is a Murder Mystery theme
- Taken lots of walks outside
- Delicately nudged my husband to do some work around the house/yard, like build a fire pit
- Watched countless amounts of TikTok videos, my mom is obsessed and sends them daily
As far as shopping on WildflowerLongIsland.com, we are still sending out orders! My mom and I are personally shipping everything out, but we are doing our best to minimize exposure out of the house. So please expect a bit of a delay, during this time we are only sending shipments out once a week. If you need help navigating the website or would like a contactless local drop off please text us (516) 360-1975. *you must live within 3 miles of Glen Head, NY for drop off*
I will be going Live on Instagram this weekend, so make sure to follow us @wildflower.longisland for the details. I can’t wait to say hi to all of you! There will be a Baby Indi cameo appearance!
I hope you’re finding the silver lining in your own self quarantine. Wash your hands, stay home, stay healthy, we’re in this together!